Thursday 3 September 2009

Message 39

As soon as I exited my trade yesterday the price retraced back to my entry point (i.e. the support line on the chart below). Since then it has slowly worked it's way up to the 1.4300 area...I could have taken another long when the price hit my initial entry point, but with the NFP Unemployment news out soon after I thought it wise to wait for the dust to settle. Unfortunately a trip to the dentist meant I missed the 1H surge upwards.

I've taken 1 trade this week compared to numerous last week, I'm thinking I need to be slightly more aggressive and base my decision on technical reasons and not wait for the ideal price. Though, I' d still rather have a high win % thus taking 5 trades per month is still my preference than 20 if it mean I can catch bigger moves.

At the moment I'm waiting for the Euro to push it's way through the 1.4300 area hopefully up to near the resistance line then I'll be shorting this hopefully all the way down to the previous support line for some big pips.